Ruth Fisher Boardroom, 401 S Jackson St.
REVISED on 9/5/2013 at 1:12 PM
- Introductions and Welcome.
- Puget Sound Transit Agencies --- Three Puget Sound Transit agencies will discuss their current and future operations, given their service needs, potential service cuts, and their revenue outlook:
- Sound Transit -- Joni Earl, CEO, Sound Transit.
- Pierce Transit -- Justin Leighton, Government Relations Officer, Pierce Transit.
- King County Metro -- Kevin Desmond, General Manager, King County Metro Transit.
- Update on 2012 Aviation Search and Rescue Study --- In 2012, the JTC evaluated the state's Aviation Search and Rescue (SAR) program, which is housed at WSDOT. This work session will provide an update on the SAR program, and efforts to-date to improve communication and coordination within the SAR community, expand training opportunities, and improve pilot safety -- Gene Baxstrom, JTC Senior Policy Analyst; Tristan Atkins, WSDOT Director of Aviation; Tom Peterson, WSDOT Aviation Emergency Services Coordinator.
- Puget Sound's Deep Water Ports --- This work session will focus on the Puget Sound's deep water ports, their importance to the statewide economy, and other related public and private investments that support and contribute to a broader economic benefit:
- The Puget Sound's deep water ports and the impact they have on state and local economies, current conditions and future outlook -- Bill Bryant, Commissioner, Port of Seattle; Dick Marzano, Commissioner, Port of Tacoma.
- Trade and related industrial development in the Duwamish -- Dave Gering, Executive Director of the Duwamish Manufacturing and Industrial Council; John Odland, Vice President of MacMillan-Piper; Vince O'Halloran, President of the Puget Sound Ports Council, Maritime Trades AFL-CIO.
- Statewide impact of the deep water ports -- Jon DeVaney, executive director of the Yakima Valley Growers-Shippers Association; Eric Shinfeld, President of the Washington Council on International Trade.
- WSDOT mega project updates:
- SR 520 -- Julie Meredith, PE, WSDOT 520 Program Director.
- SR 99 tunnel -- Todd Trepanier, AWV Program Administrator; Linea Laird, WSDOT Assistant Secretary, Chief Engineer.
- TOUR of SR 99 tunnel project (conclude by 4 PM).
Please note: Topics, actions, and times are subject to change.