Agenda for Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Joint, Select & Other Committees
Developmental Disability Service System Task Force* -
09/25/12 9:00 am
Sen. Conf. Rms ABC
J.A. Cherberg Building
REVISED on 9/19/2012 at 12:20 PM
- Clients of the Division of Developmental Disabilities not receiving paid services.
- January 2012 No Paid Services Report prepared by the Developmental Disabilities Council.
- General discussion regarding strategies for serving this population and for increasing services to prevent families from going into crisis.
- Development of services and long-term needs for Residential Habilitation Centers (RHCs): Hypothetical proposals:
- Keep existing RHCs open: Determine how best to use them for services, and whether to use them exclusively for such services.
- Re-opening Yakima Valley School for admissions: What services would the school provide?
- Lunch break.
- Comparison of State Operated Living Alternatives, Adult Family Homes, and Supported Living Options.
- Manner of assessment of quality of care.
- Comparison of nature and frequency of complaints.
- Comparison of costs for each option.
- Role of federal funding.
- Discharge plans for transition of clients (vetoed language from SB 5459, section 7).
- Public comment.
Meeting time is from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.