Agenda for Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Joint, Select & Other Committees
Education Funding, Jt. Task Force -
08/28/12 8:00 am
Puget Sound Education Service District
800 Oakesdale Ave SW
- Opening remarks.
- Review committee assignment.
- Review of K-12 Budget.
- History of state funding (1995 - present).
- Percent of state budget over time (1995 - present).
- School district funding by source (state, including LEA, federal, local) and by district.
- Basic education and non-basic education funding.
- Per-pupil funding history.
- Summary of K-12 demographics and cost drivers.
- Funding compared to other states.
- Review of State Operating Budget.
- How does the Legislature write a budget?
- Where does the money come from and how is it spent?
- Historical expenditure summary (from 1995).
- Recent history and trends.
- Major budget drivers.
- What spending is mandatory and what is discretionary?
- OFM 4-Year Budget Outlook (August 2012).
- Review of Current System Performance & Comparison to Other States.
- Review of Related K-12 Workgroups.
- Summarize Committee Progress.
- Public testimony.
Meeting time 8:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.