Agenda for Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Joint, Select & Other Committees
Transportation, Joint Committee -
07/24/13 10:00 am
Hansen Building, Room 114, Centralia College
600 Centralia College Boulevard
- Introductions and Welcome.
- Local Transportation Needs:
- A panel of city officials will discuss their local transportation issues and needs.
- WSDOT Report on Reduced Staffing Levels:
- ESSB 5024, Sec 601 directs WSDOT to reduce the size of the engineering and technical workforce, and to report on progress made in the 2011-2013 biennium by July 1, 2013.
- Keith Metcalf, Assistant Secretary of Engineering and Regional Operations.
- 2013 JTC Studies:
- JTC staff will present the four studies to be conducted within existing funds in the 2013 interim.
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge Refinance Opportunities - Mary Fleckenstein, Project Manager.
- Columbia River Crossing Oversight Subcommittee - Mary Fleckenstein, Project Manager.
- Subagents Workgroup on Vehicle Registration Requirements - Gene Baxstrom, Project Manager.
- Surplus Property - Gene Baxstrom, Project Manager.
- Transportation Project Efficiencies Study:.
- ESSB 5024, Sec 204(1) directed JTC to conduct a study of transportation project cost drivers and potential efficiencies. The goal is to construct and operate projects more efficiently and at a lower cost, while ensuring appropriate environmental and regulator protections are maintained and a quality project is delivered.
- Beth Redfield, Project Manager; Allegra Calder, BERK and Associates and Kathy Scanlan, Scanlan Consulting.
- BNSF - A Statewide Perspective on Commodity Trains:.
- Representatives from the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad (BNSF) will discuss freight movements from a statewide perspective, with a specific focus on commodity trains and other movements that are driving growth in traffic. The primary focus will be on impacts to the transportation system.
- Terry Finn, Director, Government Affairs and Greg Guthrie, General Director of Agricultural Marketing.
- Cities and Local Freight Impacts:.
- A panel of cities will discuss impacts of increased train traffic and other freight issues on their local transportation infrastructure, and the operation of their cities.
- Mayor Sean Guard of Washougal and Mayor Dave Earling of Edmonds.
Please note: Topics, actions, and times are subject to change.
Committee Meeting Documents
Note: Documents are not available online until the meeting has begun.