- All legislative buildings have designated disabled parking and entrance ramps to provide easy access. Each building on the campus has at least one door that is accessible by wheelchair.
- Legislative hearing rooms in the Cherberg and O'Brien buildings are accessible to persons using wheelchairs. Each hearing room has an accessible entrance and a designated wheelchair seating area.
- If additional assistance is required, please contact the appropriate Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) coordinator.
Map showing accessibility areas on the Capitol Campus (PDF 948 kb)
Auxiliary Aids for Communication
- TTY-HOTLINE. The Legislature has Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf service (TTY), which allows persons who are deaf or hard of hearing to leave a brief message for their district legislators or for the Governor or Lt. Governor on issues of concern or on questions they may have about bills or laws. These messages are forwarded electronically to the appropriate individuals. For information or to leave a message, call the Legislature's TTY number at 1.800.635.9993.
State Telephone Relay Service. Any legislative number can be reached directly via the state Telephone Relay Service at 1.800.833.6384 (voice) or 1.800.833.6388 (TTY).
- Assistive Listening Devices. Assistive listening devices are available by request and may be used at any seat in the Hearing Rooms, select conference rooms, and public galleries in the House and Senate Chambers. Headsets with induction neck-loops are available for persons who use hearing aids and cochlear implants with a "T" switch. Ask your audiologist whether your hearing aid or cochlear implant has a "T" switch (telecoil) and how to use it with an assistive listening headset. Requests for headsets and neck-loops should be directed to Senate or House Security staff.
- Interpreters and Readers. If you need a sign language interpreter or reader, please contact the appropriate staff person or ADA coordinator, in advance.
- Documents in Alternate Formats. If you need a legislative document in an alternate format, such as large print, Braille, or audio tape, contact the appropriate staff person or ADA coordinator. Please give as much advance notice as possible, as it may take significant time to meet certain requests.
The ADA Coordinators appointed by the Senate and House of Representatives are
461 John A. Cherberg Building
PO Box 40482
Olympia, WA 98504-0482
Technology and Facilities Director
336B Legislative Building
P.O. Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504-0600