Legislative Ethics Board
The regular meeting schedule for 2014 is February 18; April 15: June 17; August 19; October 21; and the December date to be determined later. These meetings are scheduled to start at 12 PM, in Olympia, and the locations will be posted on this site.
LEGISLATIVE ETHICS BOARD AGENDA AND MEETING NOTICE
April 15, 2014
Senate Hearing Room 3 - John A. Cherberg Building - 12:00 PM
- Approval of December and February Minutes
- Public testimony and Board discussion of gifts of food/beverage provided to legislators on infrequent occasions. This is the first step in a process whereby the Board plans to adopt a rule on the subject. Further discussion and public comment is contemplated at future meetings.
- Informal advice: Travel by a legislator when all or a portion of the travel is provided on a complimentary basis.
(1) Itinerary of proposed trip to Turkey does not indicate that the trip is a trade mission or a trip which involves substantial services performed by legislators on behalf of the state or the legislature.
(2) Proposed trip to Wyoming to tour natural resource extraction and power productions is permitted.
RCW 42 .52.010(9d) - gift does not include:
Payments by a governmental or nongovernmental entity of reasonable expenses incurred in connection with a speech, presentation, appearance, or trade mission made in an official capacity. As used in this subsection, "reasonable expenses" are limited to travel, lodging, and subsistence payments incurred that day before through the day after the event.
- Employment Disclosure Filings: Daniel J. Jones; Jordan Smith; Adam Hall; Judy Rogers LaVigne; Sue Huss; Gary Wilburn; Aldo Melchiori.
- Recess public meeting. Convene in a non-public executive session to discuss quasi-judicial matters on a pending complaint prior to determination of reasonable cause. Time to be announced.
- Resume public meeting, call for public comment, and any unfinished business. Adjourn