April 30, 2014
November 18, 2013
- Draft Meeting Minutes
- Promoting military mission retention and expansion in Washington State: Summary of report on retaining and expanding military missions, John Lane, Legislative and Legal Counsel, Office of Financial Management
- Veterans pods in correctional facilities, Mary Forbes, Assistant Director and Vincent Woods, Program Specialist, Washington Department of Veterans Affairs
- Consideration and recommendation of proposed legislation (Member Sponsored)
- HB 1858 (McCoy); S-3115.1 (O'Ban) - Providing for awarding academic credit for military training.
- HB 1859 (McCoy); S-3124.1 (O'Ban) - Evaluating military training and experience toward meeting license requirements.
- HB 1893 (Shea) - Requiring the display of the national league of families' POW/MIA flag on certain days.
- SB 5318 (Bailey) - Removing the one-year waiting period for veterans or active members of the military for purposes of eligibility for resident tuition.
- H-2867.1 (Lytton) - Identification of children from military families in our schools.
- H-2849.3 (Short) - Displaying the Honor and Remember Flag.
- Draft (Orwall) - Suicide Prevention
- Z-0455.1 (Orwall) - Strengthing economic protections for veterans and military personnel.
- S-3152.1 (Roach) - Allowing for Veteran Designation on Driver's License and Identicards.
- Consideration and recommendation of proposed legislation (Agency and Organization Legislative Priorities)
- Military Department: LTC Matthew Cooper, Washington National Guard Staff Judge Advocate, Nancy Bickford, Intergovernmental Affairs & Policy Directior, and Matt Miller, Legislative Liaison, State Auditor's Office
- Veterans Legislative Coalition: Ted Wicorek, Vice Chair
- Department of Defense: Mark San Souci, Northwest Regional State Liaison
October 17, 2013
- Draft Minutes
- Veteran Support in Higher Education: University of Washington: Seattle, Tacoma and Bothell Campuses Welcoming Veterans, Lisa Hoffman, Associate Professor and Special Assistant for Community Engagement, and Mark Wark, Director of External Relations, University of Washington- Tacoma
- Washington Youth Academy, Larry Pierce, Director, Washington Youth Academy, Washington State Military Department
- Homeless Veterans Housing Services, Mary Forbes, WDVA Assistant Director of Veteran Services and Behavior Health, Washington Department of Veterans Affairs
September 17, 2013
November 27, 2012
- Proposed legislation relating to veterans' and military affiars:
- S-0146.1: Veteran’s preference for the purpose of public employment. (Senator Carrell)
- S-0095.1: Allowing for a veteran designation on drivers' licenses and identicards. (Senator Roach)
- S-0047.2: Relating to veterans' and their spouses' and dependents' classificatino as resident students. (Senator Shin)
- H-0078.2: Relating to provividing property tax relief for active duty military personnel injured in the line of duty. (Representative Zeiger)
- Military Training and Credentialing, Karen Jensen, Department of Health
- Other State Initiatives for Hiring Veterans, Alexis Oliver, Governor's Executive Policy Office, Heidi Audette, Department of Veterans' Affairs
- I.U.P.A.T. DC5/Helmets to Hardhats outreach to JBLM, Chris Winters, I.U.P.A.T. DC5, Todd Mitchell, Helmets to Hardhats
- Changes to Active Duty Transition Services, Robin Baker, Army Career Alumni Program, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Alexis Oliver, Governor's Executive Policy Office, Mary Forbes, Washington Department of Veterans' Affairs
October 3, 2012
June 29, 2012
May 2, 2012
November 30, 2011
October 3, 2011
July 28, 2011
December 8, 2010
May 10, 2010
December 2, 2009