· OTS is a cooperative effort between the office of the code reviser and state rule-making agencies to prepare new, amendatory, and repealed rules with minimum effort. This service is provided at no charge to rule-making agencies for their convenience in preparing their proposed and adopted rules.
· It is not mandatory to use OTS.
· OTS follows the guidelines in the Instructions on Style for the WAC. There are slight differences between the WAC and RCW as to word usage. Please check with OTS if there are questions on word usage.
· How do I request OTS to begin work?
- Existing sections:
§ E-mail or phone to request specific WAC section(s) or chapter(s).
§ You will be sent a Word document of the current section(s) or chapter(s).
§ Make any changes using the Track Changes Tool and using strike-through (to remove existing language) and underscoring (to add language). Please strike through existing language first and then add new language second.
§ Send it back to OTS.
§ We will make the changes and then we will send you an OTS Word document for your review and further changes if necessary.
§ Once okay, you should then request a final OTS document. If you are filing electronically, we will send you a final PDF document; or if you are filing a hard copy, we will send you a buff-colored document.
- New chapters or new sections:
§ All new chapters should have:
♦ A unique WAC number assigned by the agency – do not use a number that exists or has previously existed. Agencies should decide where in their title the new chapter should be placed and assign a new number accordingly.
♦ A chapter caption.
§ All new sections should have:
♦ A unique WAC number assigned by the agency – do not use a number that exists or has previously existed. Agencies should decide where in their chapter the new section should be placed and assign a new number accordingly.
♦ A caption.
- Repealed sections:
§ Provide the WAC section or chapter number (text not needed).
· How do I make changes to an existing OTS document?
- Request the existing OTS document (not WAC sections).
- You will be sent a Word version of the OTS document.
- Using the guidelines above in “existing sections,” but use the color feature in track changes to note any changes.
· How much time does it take to use the OTS service?
- OTS generally has a two-week turnaround time.
- OTS operates on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Small orders usually take one week or less, but at times the workload is quite heavy and even small orders may take up to two weeks.
- Large orders consisting of extensive changes and/or many pages may take three weeks or more to process.
· Who do I contact for questions?
P.O. Box 40551
Olympia, WA 98504-0551